Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Occasionally, people have difficulty successfully logging in through the proxy server. This is usually due to irregularities with their last name, such as a name change, hyphenation, or long length, or having a firewall on their computer. Try these solutions:
- Call the Reference Desk at 262-472-1032.
- Switch browsers - for example, try Firefox or Chrome instead of Internet Explorer. You can download Firefox, download Chrome, or download many other browsers for free. (Using Internet Explorer is not recommended.)
- Contact your firewall administrator or internet service provider about opening ports 2048 and 9443.
- As a temporary fix, change the link in the address bar from port 9443 to port 2048
- Try using the campus Virtual Private Network (VPN) by going to http://vpn.uww.edu and logging in with your campus Net-ID, then go to the Library web site in the inner window and retry the database link.
- Try setting up a virtual desktop by following these Citrix instructions
If you still cannot log in after trying the options outlined above, please contact a Reference Librarian for assistance, either in person at the Library's Reference Desk, by telephone at (262) 472-1032, or by email via Ask a Librarian webpage. If it is your student experiencing login issues, please have them contact us directly using one of these methods.
More information about off-campus access issues may be found on the Troubleshooting Guide.