Occasionally, people have difficulty successfully logging in through the proxy server. This is usually due to irregularities with their last name, such as a name change, hyphenation, or long length, or having a firewall on their computer. Try these solutions:
- Call the Reference Desk at 262-472-1032.
- Switch browsers - for example, try Firefox or Chrome instead of Internet Explorer. You can download Firefox, download Chrome, or download many other browsers for free. (Using Internet Explorer is not recommended.)
- Contact your firewall administrator or internet service provider about opening ports 2048 and 9443.
- As a temporary fix, change the link in the address bar from port 9443 to port 2048
- Try using the campus Virtual Private Network (VPN) by going to http://vpn.uww.edu and logging in with your campus Net-ID, then go to the Library web site in the inner window and retry the database link.
- Try setting up a virtual desktop by following these Citrix instructions
If you still cannot log in after trying the options outlined above, please contact a Reference Librarian for assistance, either in person at the Library's Reference Desk, by telephone at (262) 472-1032, or by email via Ask a Librarian webpage. If it is your student experiencing login issues, please have them contact us directly using one of these methods.
More information about off-campus access issues may be found on the Troubleshooting Guide.