Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Recognition of Faculty/Staff Scholarship & Creative Achievements
The scholarship and creative achievements accomplished by UW-Whitewater's faculty and staff during the previous academic year are honored annually at a reception and exhibit, sponsored by the Chancellor, the Provost, University Libraries, Office of Research & Sponsored Programs and Crossman Gallery. The purpose of the event is twofold:
- to promote a free exchange of ideas;
- to encourage and stimulate further research and creative activity.
The 33rd annual Scholarship & Creative Achievement Exhibition will take place virtually from Tuesday, November 10, 2020 through Monday, November 16, 2020. Recognition is for achievements accomplished between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020. Questions? Please contact: Barbara Bren at 472-5521.
Criteria & Procedures
- All University of Wisconsin-Whitewater staff from any department/unit shall be eligible to submit scholarly or creative works for recognition.
- Recognition may be given for any number of works per person, in any medium.
- Recognized works shall have been published, exhibited, performed, recorded, or presented during the previous fiscal year.*
- Accomplishments should be scholarly in nature and contribute to the advancement of knowledge and research in the field.
- Works resulting from an individual's avocational interests may be recognized if scholarly in nature and approved by the department/unit.
- Works must have been positively reviewed by peers or authorities in the field, such as passing an editorial review board, presenting a work in a juried show, being publicly reviewed in other than local sources, appearing in a refereed journal, etc.
- Departments or units may set additional selection standards, and the department chair or unit director should approve submissions. Consult the Standard Classification of Performance Data in the Faculty Personnel Rules (III, G, 4, c “Research & Creative Activity” https://www.uww.edu/Documents/facsenate/Faculty%20Personnel%20Rules%202017-2018%20-%208.23.17L.pdf, p.34) for examples of works.
*If works are recognized when accepted or first posted online, then they are not recognized again when they are actually published.
- Submissions should be provided by the deadline in the call for submissions that will be sent to all University personnel. It is not necessary to be available to attend the recognition reception to participate.
- Submissions should include citations to the works for the bibliography, preferably submitted electronically to the specified event email. Templates for citations will be provided. Honorees will be contacted directly if clarification is needed.
- Whenever possible, submissions should be accompanied by artifacts for the exhibition, such as books, artwork, journal articles, posters, video or audio recordings, performance or conference programs, exhibition catalogues or publicity, photographs, etc.
- If UW-Whitewater libraries own a copy of a book to be recognized, event organizers will arrange for it to be in the exhibit.
- Articles, chapters, images or other artifacts submitted by links or attachments to the specified event email may or may not be printed in their entirety or in their original dimensions for the exhibition.
- If items require special handling for the exhibition, such as artwork or programs/files to run on a computer, contact the event organizers to make arrangements.
- All physical materials submitted for the exhibition will be returned after the recognition event and published exhibit dates. If Campus Mail or open departmental mailboxes should not be used, please contact the event organizers to make other arrangements.
Last revised Fall 2019