Google Scholar does not provide a limiter for peer-reviewed journal articles. If your assignment requires the use of peer-reviewed articles or referreed journals, you need to ascertain whether the source (journal) is appropriate.
Follow the steps below.
Peer Review in Three Minutes: What is peer review? (video)
Video Tutorial: How can I find peer-reviewed articles using EBSCOhost?
Ulrichsweb: How can I identify whether a journal is peer-reviewed? Search for a magazine or journal by title. If it is identified with a referee shirt, it is a refereed publication, and most articles in the publication will be peer reviewed.
While Google Scholar does not provide the array of search limiters available database users, you may find that you are able to locate that elusive article through a Scholar search.
If you are working off campus, follow these steps to activate FIND IT at UW Whitewater in Google Scholar. If you are working on campus using UW-W Wi-Fi services, or using UW-W VPN services from off campus, your computer will automatically detect these settings.
Please Note: Google Scholar does not interlink with all UW-W ebooks and articles. We strongly encourage that you search for books, media and more using the library catalog (Research@UWW), or search for specific journal subscriptions using the Journals search. We also recommende that you search individual, subject-specific databases as well as Google Scholar to find the best available sources of information on your topic.
Watch video directions here, or follow the directions and screenshots below:
1. Go to http//:scholar.google.com
2. Optional: Sign in to your Google account in order to save your preferences for future searches.
3. Select Settings from the menu at the top of the page:
4. Click Library Links at the left of the page:
5. Type UW Whitewater in the search box. A checkbox option for UW-Whitewater will appear below your search. Check the box. You may also wish to search for Open WorldCat and add that to your connections. Don't forget to click Save.
6. You will now see the Find It at UW Whitewater utility when you use Google Scholar:
7. After clicking on Find It at UW-Whitewater, you will be prompted to log in with yor UW-W NetID and Password to gain access to UW-W resources.
8. For some books and resources, the Find It at UW-Whitewater link appears in the More menu below the item:
For additional instructions for using Find It at UW-Whitewater, please see the Find It Tutorial.