1. Click the quotation mark (Cite) icon below your selected article:
2. The Cite dialog will appear. Click RefMan (the generic term for reference manager software or apps).
Note: Do not use EndNote link. This format will only work with the purchased desktop version.
3. Scholar will download a file named scholar.ris to your downloads folder. (Be sure your browser blocker is disabled.)
Note: .ris is a common citation file format that you will find available in many databases and journals that offer export options.
4. Double-click on or open the .ris file. You may see an option to choose either Endnote (the downloaded/desktop version) or Endnote Online.
5. If you choose Online, you will be asked for your Endnote username (email) and password. Log in, and verify that the citations imported correctly.
1. If the .ris file is downloaded, go to Endnote Web. Under Collect, click on Import References.
2. Browse to the RIS file you saved in step 7. Be sure to select RefMan (RIS) as your Import Option, and select a group where you would like your reference saved.
If successful, you will see:
Be sure to verify that the citations imported correctly.