Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get Help: Ask a Librarian
Borrowing Materials from Other Libraries
If Andersen Library does not have the item you need, the Library can usually borrow the item for you from another library. The lending service you use depends upon the resource you wish to borrow. For assistance, please contact a reference librarian.
- UW Request (available through Research@UWW)
Use to borrow materials such as books, videos, and government documents--if not available at Andersen Library--from other UW System Libraries.
For more information, and for instructions on use, go to our Frequently Asked Questions web page.
- Cannot use to borrow non-circulating items (such as reference books) or articles from periodicals.
- UW Request is free!
- Items ordered generally arrive within 2-5 weekdays.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
Use to borrow articles from newspapers, journals, and magazines not available at Andersen Library. Also use to borrow books and other materials if not available at Andersen Library or through UW Request.
For more information, and for instructions on use, go to the Interlibrary Loan Service web page.
- Non-circulating items cannot be borrowed.
- Interlibrary Loan is free!
- Approximate turnaround time is 2-4 weekdays for articles and 5-7 weekdays for most other items.