What is This?
Listed here are links to selected online publications (full-text or excerpted) from government agencies (U.S. Federal or states) and international organizations. To locate additional government resources not listed here, see also:
Andersen Library, a selective depository for government documents (federal and Wisconsin), is open to the public, including providing access to government information on the Internet.
= Access to licensed resources is restricted to UW-W students, faculty, and staff.
Multidisciplianry Collections of Publications/Information
Federal (U.S.) Government
FDSys (Federal Digital System, U.S. Government Printing Office)
- Browse the list of full-text government publications available and searchable here, which inlude daily Congressional Record and Federal Register issues (since 1994), Congressional bills (since 103rd Congress, 1993/1994), selected Congressional reports and documents (also known as the U.S. Congressional Serial Set, since 104th Congress), Congressional Directory (since 1995/96), Budget of the United States (since FY1996), Economic Report of the President (since 1995), Economic Indicators (since April 1995), General Accountability (formerly Accounting) Office "blue book" reports and Comptroller General decisions, Privacy Act Issuances (since the 1995 compilation), public laws since the 104th Congress, United States Code, U.S. Government Manual, Supreme Court decisions (1937-1975), and Education "ED" reports from ERIC (1995-2004).
- The CFDA is a compendium of Federal programs, projects, services, and activities providing assistance or benefits (both financial and nonfinancial) to the American public. Alternative access via the Government Printing Office: http://purl.access.gpo.gov/GPO/LPS1729
- The Congressional Research Service provides nonpartisan research reports on a variety of topics for members and committees of the U.S. Congress which are not distributed outside of Congress unless they are requested from members of Congress.
ProQuest Legislative Insight provides CRS Reports. Use the Guided or Quick Search options to select "CRS and Misc. Publications" on the left side of the search screen.
Some reports are provided online by various organizations:
- Congressional Research Service (The IP Mall, Franklin Pierce Law Center)
Selected reports on intellectual property, cyberlaw and electronic commerce
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports and Issue Briefs (Foreign Press Centers, U.S. Dept. of State)
Selected reports and issue briefs, since 1999, many of which are on foreign relations topics
- CRS Reports (National Council for Science and the Environment)
Search for or browse selected reports on environmental and related topics.
- Congressional Research Service reports on selected topics (Federation of American Scientists)
- Congressional Research Service reports (University of North Texas)
Some reports are available for download, while many can be identified by searching here and then must be located elsewhere.
- Selected CRS reports (over 300) via The Memory Hole:
- CRS reports. available for sale from Penny Hill Press (browse topics)
- Open CRS (Center for Democracy & Technology)
CyberCemetery (U.S. Government Printing Office & University of North Texas libraries)
- This is "an archive of government websites that have ceased operation," providing permanent public access to the web sites and publications of defunct U.S. government agencies and commissions (such as the Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations, Office of Technology Assessment, and National Gambling Impact Study Commission).
State Agency Databases (GODORT)
- Eueopean Union Publications
- IMF Publications (International Monetary Fund)
- OECD Publishing (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Develoment)
- UN Documents (United Nations) - Selected official UN documents are posted to this site.
- UNESCO Publications, including links to UNESDOC (UNESCO) and to periodicals and magazines including UNESCO Courier (online Mar. 2006- ).
- Documents & Reports (World Bank) including annual World Development Reports, each focusing on a specific aspect of development.