= Access restricted to UW-Whitewater students, faculty, and staff.
EndNote Web on the Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge platform (c) Thomson Reuters
What is EndNoteWeb?
EndNote Web is a service that helps students and researchers to:
- Collect references from online services such as Web of Science and EBSCOHost
- Store up to 10,000 references in your online collection of citations (Your EndNote Web "Library")
- Share references and collaborate with other EndNote Web users
- Transfer references to or from EndNote Web desktop version
- Create formatted reference lists in a variety of publishing styles.
- Cite While You Write in Microsoft Word to insert references and format papers
A Cautionary Note
What is a citation formatter? Also called a builder, generator or manager, it is a program in which you enter citation information (author, title, etc.) and the program creates a citation formatted in a specific style (APA, MLA, Turabian, etc.). Citation formatters tend to work best for basic citations of common materials, such as books with a single author or a journal article with four authors. If you want to cite something more unusual, such as an interview, class lecture or video, they may not work as well.
Warning: All of citation formatters listed on the following tabs are provided for your convenience only. Please use them with caution. They are not foolproof and do not guarantee correct results. Be sure to review the results to check for formatting, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, required elements, etc. for the citation style you are using.
Consult the appropriate official style manual for the definitive answer to your citation questions. Some examples of citations in APA, MLA and Turabian styles are available in the Library's Citing References guides. For additional assistance, please contact the library reference desk in person, by phone at (262) 472-1032 or by Ask a Librarian email/chat. If you need help planning, composing, revising, or editing your paper, including reviewing your citations, please visit the Writing Center in McCutchan Hall.
Andersen Library L2110A
UW - Whitewater
800 W. Main St.
Whitewater, WI 53190