Librarians can cover any of the following competencies* as well as resources and services based on your request.
- Identify and articulate needs which require information solutions.
- Identify and select appropriate information sources.
- Formulate and efficiently execute search queries appropriate for the information resource.
- Interpret and analyze search results and select relevant sources.
- Locate and retrieve relevant sources in a variety of formats from the global information environment.
- Critically evaluate the information retrieved.
- Self-assess the information-seeking processes used.
- Understand the structure of the information environment and the process by which both scholarly and popular information is produced, organized, and disseminated.
- Understand public policy and the ethical issues affecting the access and use of information.
*Information Literacy Competencies and Criteria for Academic Libraries in Wisconsin
Andersen Library databases and Research@UWW, are regularly covered. The librarian may also introduce websites, print books, and other relevant resources or services you want.